50 Shades of Heidelbergensis (kidding!!!)

The craziest thing happened to me today. I left my neanderthal tribe early in the morning to try to gather some plants for lunch and I saw… him. He was so much taller than me, I couldn’t have missed him. I’ve never seen a large… browridge. He was standing over a large mammal holding a spear… I don’t know what it is about a man who can hunt. I had to snap out of it. Dad definitely wouldn’t approve because this guy was definitely different than our tribe. I ducked behind a tree, but it has been so cold lately it wasn’t much cover. Ugh… I was starving… we haven’t been able to hunt as much as we used to because of the cold. My stomach started growling. 


Before I could even hatch an escape plan, I felt a tap on the shoulder. It was him. We couldn’t really understand each other, but I think he said his name was heidelbergensis. He was so kind. He brought me to his little shelter he had built outside of his tribes settlement and cooked me dinner. I don’t know how my tribe will feel about socializing with someone who seems so different, but so similar at the same time. 



P.S. I really struggled to write this blog post for some reason, so I just tried to have fun with it. HOWEVER, I tried to base a lot of aspects on things that were true about Neanderthals and Homo Heidelbergensis like how Heidelbergensis used spears to hunt large mammals and built simple hut shelters where they lived with communities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elevator Pitch

Welcome to my blog!