Elevator Pitch

Oh hey! I'm an anthropologist who studies human evolution. Since I've got you here for the next 30-45 seconds, lets talk about what my field needs. Human evolution involves multi- and interdisciplinary methods and amazingly intelligent people connecting around the world. We answer questions about how you and I evolved to have brains large enough to talk in elevators or why we started walking on two legs. There is so much that we don't know yet. If we fall behind in this field, our nation could be left in the dust.  You know how we say it's important to learn from our history? Myself and my colleagues  are uncovering histories we didn't know existed. We need funding as soon as possible. It could cover our travel, supplies, field assistants, publishing costs, etc. Our nation could become a leader in this field, giving us opportunities to work in more places and make more discoveries about humanity. I'd love to continue this discussion with you and your constituents, but it looks like we've made it to our floor. I truly hope you consider looking into increasing funding for the study of human evolution - there are a lot of stories we could uncover with your help. 

Comments

  1. i like how you point out making the nation a leader in these sciences can help us as a whole. that is an impt point for sure and something that i hadn't really thought about in terms of talking about the output of this kind of work. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 Shades of Heidelbergensis (kidding!!!)

Welcome to my blog!